Subject: Sound Levels
From: Cris

I "run" a 25-station MacLC lab (original LC's with internal hard drives) in an elementary school. I have external CD-ROM drives on 3 machines. I generally keep all sound levels set to about the third notch from the bottom in the control panel. But on those three machines the sound is annoyingly loud, even though I have them set at a low level. The kids can't change the volume because I have a security program (Foolproof) that keeps them out of such places. (There is no external volume control like on the newer machines.) It seems to me that it must have something to do with the software that is installed additionally to run the CD's. I use System 7.0.1; 10 MB RAM and have IIe cards installed.

Thanks in Advance (TIA)

Cris