Subject: LC475 Disk Tools disk? and various other responses
From: zws.com System Administrator

Say, would *you* like a friend for life?

I've got a real weird problem with an Apple-badged Quantum 170Mb drive; although I can backup and restore files on it until the cows come home, and it passes all sorts of diagnostics, even when tested on a PC, if I run a System installer - 7.1 or 7.5 - on it, the drive gets corrupted. The thing is, it USED to work fine, until I reformatted it with Silverlining one day.

The drive originally came in an LC475 (which I don't have, I'm using it in a Color Classic), and that's the machine it was originally formatted on of course. Does someone out there have a copy of the "Disk Tools" disk that came with the LC475 that you can image (with Disk Copy) and email to me? (Nothing else will do. I've tried Silverlining, and Drive Setup on my Performa 5200, and lots of different versions of Apple HD SC Setup).